Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekly Game Guide

For whom do we root?

In the Big Ten:

Penn State is favored by 5 over the Illini.  GO STATE!  BEAT ILLINI!  (That was easy!)

THEM is favored over the Boilermakers.  GO PURDUE!  (That was easy!)

Iowa is favored over Minnesota by 15.  GO HAWKS!  (That was easy!)

Northwestern is favored over the Hoosiers by 9.5.  Hmmm.  I feel bad for the Hoosiers, but I think Northwestern wins.  We've played and beaten both.  The Hoosiers are in our division.  GO WILDCATS!

Wisconsin is a 7.5 favorite over the Cheateyes.  Both are in our division and we play both on the road.  The Buckeyes have two losses and Wisconsin has one in conference.  Can I bring myself to root for the cheaters?  Well, I won't shed a tear if the cheaters lose, but for the good of old state, I have to root against Wisconsin.  Man, this is just like voting in an election--I'm not picking who I want to win as much as I'm picking against who I don't want to see in office!  Picking my noes, so to speak.  GO CHEATERS!

And the Huskers are favored by 4.5 over the Spartans in Lincoln.  Both are in the other division, but we play Nebraska and not MSU.  It looks better for us to beat a better Nebraska team, but a loss by MSU might set Nebraska up for the Title game, and IF--and it's a big IF--we get there, I don't want to have to replay the corn boys.  This is sooooo complicated.  Sorry Sparty . . . . GO HUSKERS!

In games of past opponents:

The Crimson Tide is off as well as LSU, before their SEC tilt next week.

EMU (5-3) is off this week as well.

Temple plays next Wednesday at Pitt Ohio.  GO OWLS!

Indiana State (5-3) is off as well.

Wow!  Four non-conference opponents and NONE of them are playing this weekend!

No comments: