Saturday, May 19, 2012

Golf Gossip

I STILL can't hit it straight,
and if I take a divot--WATCH OUT!
I played in a charity golf outing Friday.  At the post-game reception/dinner/awards ceremony, a friend from my church came up to me and showed me a text he had just received.  He knew I was a big Penn State football fan and so was he.

The text basically said that Bolden was going to transfer and that Drake was academically ineligible.  He wanted to know if I knew anything about it.

I wondered about the source.  A guy he works with.  Must be true.  But I hadn't heard that.

So I thought about blogging it last night, but then decided to wait and see.  Sure enough, Black Shoe Diaries is reporting basically the same rumors, except they have Drake being kicked off the team, rather than being academically ineligible. Of course, being a senior with Jr. eligibilty, it is a moot point if he can't play academically; may as well not be on the team.

The Bolden move is no surprise.  Had it not been for Paterno denying his request, he would have already been gone prior to last season.  And he certainly didn't look like he was in the top 2 for the QB position this year going forward--in fact, I would have graded him 4th behind Jones, McGloin and MacGregor.

As for the tournament, it was a scramble, and our foursome was one over par for the day.  (The winning foursome was 15 under.)  I think we're just four one or two players plays away from being a good foursome!  But the weather was beautiful, the food was great, and even a bad day of golf beats a good day at the office!

No comments: