Friday, August 26, 2011

Proud Papa

My daughter was working on setting up trips to various colleges this past week.  She is a senior and will be applying this year.

As she was looking at her schedule, she asked my wife, "do we have anything on for October 8th.  My wife replied innocently--and incorrectly, "no, I don't think so."

I looked up briefly at her across the room and simply said, "that's the Iowa game."

She frowned.  "Shoot.  That's a good game.  I can't go that weekend."  She flipped through her calendar.  Before trying another date, she looked up at me and asked, "when's the white out game?"

"September 10th.  Alabama."

"Shoot.  I have to go to that.  I can't use that weekend either."

That's my girl!  Planning her life around the Penn State schedule.  I'm so proud of her.

No comments: