Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Season Tickets Have Arrived!

I got my season tickets in the mail today, which kind of helps my summer doldrums.

Last week, we vacationed in Ogunquit, ME. Should have known better to go north for vacation. The weather was in the 70's and the water was COLD--56-64 degrees. The high point of the trip was seeing Former President George H.W. Bush. He was dining at Barnacle Billy's in Perkin's Cove and we saw him leave the restaurant and board his boat. It made me nostalgic as the Reagan-Bush ticket in 1984 was the first time I ever voted in my life. Obama isn't half the statesman that either of those two were, but that's just my opinion.

And I digress.

Since being canned from PennLive, my dedication to blogging has waned. It used to be that I would post updates while on vacation--and I felt guilty if I didn't. Gone are those days, but it has given me a new freedom--just not sure I was ready for forced retirement yet.

But it appears I did not miss much while away.

Penn State back-up receiver James MacDonald has been thrown off the team following a DUI. I knew we couldn't go through an off-season without something bad happening. Hopefully this fills our quota for this year.

Penn State's uniforms came in at #6 for coolest uniforms according to The New York Daily News. The Detroit Redwings came in at #1. Sorry, I can't explain that, so please don't ask me to.

The NY Yankees came in 4th. And speaking of the Yankees, there's a rumor on the messageboards about Penn State playing a game at Yankee Stadium . . .

Just spoke with my friend who works for the Yankees. Penn State has agreed to play a game in Yankee Stadium at least once in the next 4 years. The Yankees want Penn State to play at the end of the season during the same week other Conferences play their Conference Championship Game (this basically leaves the Military Academy's, the Pac 10 and the Big East for us to choose from).

Word is George Steinbrenner wants his good friend and long time Yankees fan Joe Paterno to coach at Yankee Stadium. Joe has often spoke about his admiration for the Yankees and even pattern some of his beliefs after them (same iconic uniforms, building a family atmosphere, winning tradition, etc.).


I can't get excited until we see who the opponent will be. God I hope it's not Indiana State!

No comments: