Friday, May 29, 2009

WPSU in Pennsylvania

I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever from WKRP in Cincinnati. For those who may not remember the TV show, Johnny Fever was a has-been DJ who was fired from his original job for saying "booger" on the air.

After blogging for 6 years on PennLive.com as THE 50-Yard Lion, I was fired for telling off an irritating Buckeye Fan (isn't that redundant). I thought personal email was just that--personal and private. Apparently I was wrong.

After prodding me one too many times with this:

I log on to other big ten school sites get their take on opposing teams, things in general. Each case there is a rivaly[friendly] lotta chain yanking etc. but no where, no one spews the venom, constantly bad mouthing[big time] the other conf. teams in particular OSU,MICH,[them as you refer]IOWA, pretty much the top tier teams who pretty much beat the Nits on a regular basis. I could be wrong in my assesment of you, but don't think so.

Seems to me the excellent reputation PSU & Joe has enjoyed [pre-big ten entry] is being severely damaged lately by your unruly & downright nasty, foul mouth fans.

Are you aware OSU will never send the band in there again?


So I responded in a nasty and foul mouth. (Isn't that what he expected???) I berated his team, the Big Ten conference, the refs, the midwest sportswriters who slighted PSU in 1994, and the Buckeye Band just for good measure. This guy has contacted me several times over the years, and quite frankly, I just wanted him to leave me alone. None of this was public--most folks just post public comments rather than private emails. But the guys at PennLive thought otherwise, when the weanie ran home and told mommy.

So here I am. Dr. Toddy Fever.

What I find interesting, is that although I foul-mouthed (again, isn't that what he called us PSU fans--doesn't anyone at PennLive see the ironic wit in that) his team/conference/and band, he responded by assailing me . . .
b4 joining big ten ya'll were a bunch of bitchin cry babies back then too. FACT--you toddy baby got a hard-on for the world. I think you were abused as a child & judgeing from your photo, bad-mitten was prob your most physical sport.

This guy has boasted that he is a driver for Barbara Sinatra--who has a foundation for abused children. I wonder how she would feel about him when he passes gems like that along.

Anyway the blogspot interface seems pretty friendly, and I was able to set up this platform for my drivel in practically no time at all.

So without further ado, we'll get back to blogging Penn State football as before. And the sport is badminton. But who is judging? BOOGERS!

No comments: